Mark Your Calendars and Keep These Dates on Your Radar!!
The following information talks about very important deadlines and dates, you do not want to miss! Do not get left behind, remember to make those monthly payments.
2022 Grad Trip Deadlines
- December 1st – Pending Move Starts: What Is Pending Move? When an Active traveler has not met the minimum payment requirements (per GradWeek Terms and Conditions) by November 30, 2021 deadline, is moved into an unconfirmed Pending status. Meaning you will no longer have a guaranteed spot on the trip and will be subject to late fees and any price increases. Our system will automatically change your account status on 12/1/21, from Active to an unconfirmed Pending status. If you do not have a total amount of $250.00 worth of payments paid into your traveler account by end of the business day on November 30, 2021.
- EXAMPLE: If you have only paid the $150 non-refundable registration deposit, then you still owe an additional payment of no less than $100. If you have paid the $150 deposit plus one payment of $50, then you need to make an additional $50 payment by 11/30/21. Please look at your most current emailed invoice/statement or log in to your online account at www.gradweek.com (under ‘My Account’) to view your ‘Current Account Summary’ and payment history. NO PAYMENTS ACCEPTED OVER THE PHONE!
- December 31st – Last Chance to Correct Your Registered Name: Once ticketing starts travelers will be charged additional fees to correct their name. All travelers are required to register using their legal name as it appears on their Government Issued Photo ID (i.e., valid passport booklet required for international flight travel or state-issued photo required for domestic flight travel). The October 1, 2020 deadline for REAL ID has been extended by the Department of Homeland Security due to circumstances resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic and the national emergency declaration. The new deadline for REAL ID enforcement is now May 3, 2023. Beginning May 3, 2023, every air traveler 18 years of age and older will need a REAL ID-compliant driver’s license, state-issued enhanced driver’s license, or another acceptable form of ID to fly within the United States. Don’t wait, get your REAL ID! The U.S. Government expects wait times to drastically increase closer to the deadline, so the sooner you get your REAL ID the better. Don’t delay, apply for your REAL ID today.
- *The name listed on your registration will be the same name we submit to the Airline or Bus Company to issue your tickets. You will be denied boarding if you do not have the proper travel documentation and/or the legal name on your photo ID does not match your travel documents.
- February 1st – Waitlist Starts: Any traveler that registers or reinstates (including those in a pending status) on or after this date must pay in full plus a $40.00 Late Fee at the time of registering or reinstating. Travelers will also automatically be placed on the ‘Waitlist’ until air, bus, and/or rooming availability can be determined (first come, first serve); this process typically takes 2 weeks unless noted otherwise. If trip space does become available, you will be notified by email with a ‘Confirmation Invoice’ to inform you that you are now ‘Active’ on the trip.
- February 22nd – FINAL PAYMENT DEADLINE: Any traveler account not paid in full (showing a $0 balance) by the end of the business day of 2/22/22 will be automatically canceled from the trip and penalty fees will apply. There are NO exceptions or extensions to this deadline! Your account balance must have a $0 balance before the end of the business day on February 22nd to avoid our system automatically canceling you from the trip (penalty fees will apply).
- March 25th – All Rooming Assignments Due: Shortly after final payment has occurred, it is the traveler’s responsibility to contact their group’s Student Organizer for information on WHEN and HOW their group’s rooming will be handled. GradWeek highly recommends that each group holds a rooming meeting, whether it is in person or virtual (webinar, Zoom, group chat, text, email, etc.). This will make it much easier for travelers to know who is rooming with whom and of any rooming issues, like occupancy fees. It is each traveler’s responsibility to make sure they have friends whom they can room with for the trip, from the moment of registering, and reconfirming with their friends again before the Final Payment Deadline. Travelers are also responsible for making sure they select people whom they will get along with, and have the required number of people in their room (4 per room/2 per bed for Bahamas, Hawaii & Puerto Rico, 3 per room for Mexico, 6 per room/2 per bed for PCB, and 2 per room/2 per bed for parent hotels; unless noted otherwise) to avoid incurring additional hotel occupancy fees. Travelers that room in an under-occupancy room will be charged Hotel Occupancy Fees and must pay their incurred occ. fees by no later than April 30th.
- *Note: GradWeek is NOT responsible for finding roommates, filling rooms, or if a group has an odd number of travelers to room with. By paying a hotel occupancy fee does not mean or guarantee that you are getting your own bed.