Updated Bahamas Covid-19 Travel Guidelines
As of 4/13/22 – Courtesy of: https://www.bahamas.com/travelupdates and www.travel.gov.bs.
In an effort to keep our travelers updated on the latest coronavirus travel guidelines for the Bahamas, we’re forwarding the following information from the Bahamas Government websites.
For more information or questions regarding the Bahamas COVID-19 entry requirements or the Bahamas Travel Health Visa, please contact their Travel Compliance Unit at – Tel. +1 (242) 604-7200 | +1 (242) 502-0829 (BAH #) | +1 (786) 471-5898 (USA #) | Email: email@example.com
Travelers may also view their helpful “How To” videos at – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCje01M5iUiD6yQLMN3WzeSw
TESTING REQUIREMENTS – ENTERING DESTINATION
Please Note: Effective December 27, 2021, any person presenting test results older than 3 days (exactly 72-hours) will be denied entry into The Bahamas.
*These protocols are subject to change at any time in response to new COVID-19 measures by the Bahamas Government. Visitors are responsible for checking the Bahamas Travel website frequently for any ongoing updates.
- Effective December 27, 2021, fully vaccinated persons traveling to the Bahamas from other countries are required to obtain/present a negative COVID-19 test (either a Rapid Antigen test or RT-PCR test — including PCR, NAA, NAAT, TMA, or RNA), taken no more than 3 days (72-hours) prior to the date/time of arrival to the Bahamas.
- Effective December 27, 2021, all unvaccinated visitors, ages 12 and older are required to obtain/present a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test (including PCR, NAA, NAAT, TMA, or RNA) results (children between the ages of 2 and 11 are required to obtain either a negative Rapid Antigen Test or RT-PCR test), taken no more than 3 days (72-hours) prior to the date/time of arrival to the Bahamas.
BAHAMAS TRAVEL HEALTH VISA APPLICATION
*All visitors traveling to the Bahamas are required to apply for a Bahamas Travel Health Visa at – www.travel.gov.bs. Travelers may also review the Bahamas Travel Health Visa Terms and Conditions at – https://travel.gov.bs/file/termsAndConditions
- As part of the Bahamas Travel Health Visa application, travelers will be required to opt into the COVID-19 health insurance that covers them for the duration of their limited stay in The Bahamas. The cost of insurance includes the Bahamas Travel Health Visa application fee.
- Bahamas Travel Health Visa applications can take up to 24-hours to process and should be completed with adequate lead time.
- The cost of the Bahamas Travel Health Visa is dependent on the length of stay and vaccination status.
- All visitors eighteen (18) years and older are required to complete an individual Bahamas Travel Health Visa application.
- Persons seventeen (17) years and younger are to be added to a profile within the account of their parent or guardian and complete an individual Bahamas Travel Health Visa application.
- The mandatory Bahamas Travel Health Insurance fee covers:
- Medical expenses incurred on-island due to COVID-19, up to $50,000.
- Trip interruption/delay for necessary quarantine or isolation due to COVID-19, up to $500/day, $7,000 max
- Medical evacuation due to COVID-19 and subject to medical necessity, up to $50,000
- Benefits under the mandatory Travel Health Insurance is paid to start the first day that a person receives a positive COVID-19 rapid antigen test followed by a positive COVID-19 PCR test. The individual must test positive using both tests to claim benefits under the policy. If the individual tests positive via both tests and requires a subsequent test while in The Bahamas, the cost of that test will be reimbursed by the policy.
- Fully vaccinated visitors are required to upload negative COVID-19 test results (either a valid Rapid Antigen Test or RT-PCR Test) in addition to valid proof of vaccination confirming they have passed the two-week immunity period (such as CDC or government-issued vaccine record card).
- At this time, the Bahamas Government will only be accepting vaccinations by AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria/Covishield), Janseen (Johnson & Johnson), Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty), Moderna (Spikevax), Sinopharm, Covaxin or Sinovac.
- Fully vaccinated travelers with Rapid Antigen Test (R.A.T.) – Bahamas Travel Health Visa fee of $40 (non-refundable).
- Effective 27 December 2021, all unvaccinated visitors, ages 12 and older, are required to upload their valid negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test results. Tests MUST be taken no more than 3 days (72-hours) prior to the date/time of arrival to the Bahamas.
- Non-vaccinated travelers with RT-PCR test – Bahamas Travel Health Visa fee of $60 (non-refundable).
TESTING REQUIREMENTS – RETURNING TO THE U.S.A.
- Effective January 27, 2022, all air passengers 2 years or older returning to the United States, regardless of vaccinated status are required to show their valid negative COVID-19 Rapid Antigen test result taken no more than 1 day (24-hours) prior to the date/time of arrival to the United States.